OH CANADA ...
1. FRESH AIR. A horizon unclouded by a yellow ring. Sundays with family.
2. CELINE DION (Nah)
3. TIM HORTON'S for cheap, freshly brewed coffee & Iced Cappuccinos. (We have a knock-off Tim Hortons in Suwon, but it is a dimly lit bar selling $7 coffee):
4. TOQUES. Brrrave weather, not mild and indecisive. Ice storms. Enough snow to call in sick or build a snowfort. Enough autumn leaves to build a house.
5. HOLIDAYS. Because what self respecting adult doesn't want to root through a stocking or dress up as Brian Mulroney?
6. ROAD TRIPS. Spontaneous summer trips with best friends, beavers, salmon and grizzly bears (threw that in to educate you non-Canadians.)
7. MONTREAL. The melting pot of ethnicities with a Liberal mindframe. Can you blame me? Check out what the mountain looks like on Sundays:
8. Throwing HOUSE PARTIES. Small apartments force Koreans to party at a club or bar.
9. Chatting with my NANA online is great, but I'd rather we share cookies and tea over a game of Scrabble.
10. FRIENDS & FAMILY... who (shocker) speak pretty good English:
Special nods to cheap meat, fruit and vegetables, maple syrup, LEONARD COHEN (who I met in person), BACKYARDS (which I always took for granted), TREVOR FERGUSON (a great Canadian author, and my former professor), my Father's sense of humor, My Mother's ART and cooking, Mark's thoughtful and intelligent responses, Canada Dry Gingerale, Sarah Polly (an awesome Canadian actress), poutine, loons, Jim Carrey, and CBC. Eh?