Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Google
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Banner design by Helena, portrait by Eva

VisitSeoul.net

Government Website. READ MY REVIEWS! SEE MY PHOTOS! WHY SEOUL?

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Yummy in my tummy tummy tummy and it feels so good.

You won't believe the price. 2.60$ USD for all of this...
As I waited for my lunch: Kongnamul-guk (bean sprout soup), at a soup restaurant near Ajou University, the waitress brought out side dishes:

Hot peppers. Dip them in the flavorful red sauce:

Radish kimchi (upper right), standard homemade kimchi (bottom right)

A touch of seafood: the pink. It isn't really kosher to nosh on the side dishes before the main dish arrives, but Koreans do it. I ate a pepper and some kimchi before the soup made an appearance:

It was quite good- a light peppery broth with bean sprouts, green onions and a poached egg. It wasn't spicy so I think a lot of foreigners would enjoy it.

3 comments:

daeguowl said...

You 새우젓 for your side dish. I love that but it's way too salty to eat that much in one go...

Anonymous said...

Yum!!!

I think I'll rent a small aptment (ap-pa-tu) and retire in Suwon. Seems the cost of living is low with good food at local restaurants. What more can a person ask for!!

I'm drooling stringy drool like a bull dog eyeing a medium rare steak.

slurp!

Eva Karrin McKinnon said...

I still can't get over how cheap the food here is, how delicious, and NO TIPPING! Oh, another thing- almost no one orders a drink like juice or pop at Korean restaurants, which cuts down the price. the waitor just brings out a pitcher of water. it's wonderful