Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Google
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Banner design by Helena, portrait by Eva

VisitSeoul.net

Government Website. READ MY REVIEWS! SEE MY PHOTOS! WHY SEOUL?

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

SPellinG anD grAmmaR

I constantly run across English spelling and grammar errors in Korea but today I thought my students could do a better job writing the course books and news articles...

Isn't that right, Dawn?

.... Dawn?

My student filled in the blank correctly. "PIANO" is the answer but, when she wrote it, the sentence read: "She is going to taker the piano on Tuesday," instead of, say, "(she is going to)/(she will) take (a) piano (lesson) on Tuesday."

You're going to get "somthing" to eat, huh?

Apple's iPhone? Plans were made AT several years ago...

Please don't get me wrong. I'm grateful to have an ENGLISH newspaper to read in Korea, period!

No comments: