Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Google
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Banner design by Helena, portrait by Eva

VisitSeoul.net

Government Website. READ MY REVIEWS! SEE MY PHOTOS! WHY SEOUL?

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Cheap Korean Food I LOVE

KIMCHI
In Korea, almost EVERYTHING comes with a side dish of spicy, fermented cabbage.


KIMBAP
You can get a whole role at a restaurant (about 10 pieces) for $1.00 CAN.


Korean "Toast"

MMM, buy one of these sandwiches (serious comfort food) for $1.50 CAN. at a Korean street vendor near you. I recommend "Issac's."

Ask any of my students what toast is and they describe the above: bread with egg, cheese, salad dressing, ketchup, cabbage, pickles and ham. This sandwich, named "toast", is so popular that the kids are shocked when I tell them toast, back home, is toasted bread.

P.S: Don't worry, Jewish friends. I order it without ham ; )

No comments: