Google
Banner design by Helena, portrait by Eva

VisitSeoul.net

Government Website. READ MY REVIEWS! SEE MY PHOTOS! WHY SEOUL?

Sunday, May 20, 2007

A Sunday Picnic, Suwon

These boys have entered the police force for their two years of compulsory military service. They are taking a break, cross-legged in the gazebo.

This family plays a lighthearted game of badminton. I bought rackets and birdies on the weekend (10$ USD) so we could join in on the fun. The park was full of older men and women exercising or engaged in a game. Their children, I'm guessing, were at home.

Great shot, Tae Hun! I love the complimentary colors. We had a picnic in the shade of an orange tarp. Fruit is very expensive in Korea. The apples and oranges were 1,000W (1USD) each. The bottle is Bek-Se-Ju ("100 Year Old Wine.") Delicious, with the aroma of ginseng.

I told Tae Hun's fortune on the blue blanket. He is going to travel by Cessna, live in a shack in Peru, have 7 children, be a programmer, collect match boxes as a hobby... and marry our friend Kyle. (It was something along those lines. He wasn't exactly pleased by it.)

No, I'm not looking at that guy's butt. I'm searching for a bunny rabbit that hopped into the bushes.

There he is! Brilliant, I know; I try to lure him with a leaf when he has an unlimited supply.

He takes from me anyway. What a sweet baby. His fur was like silk. That concludes my magical Sunday. The reason I haven't posted much is my camera is broken, and I've been working 6 days a week. I'll try to get back into the swing of it. Thursday is 부처님 오신 날 (Buddha's Birthday) so I have a 4 day weekend ahead.

5 comments:

Still Born said...

I LOVE that little rabbit!

MUD said...

100 year old wine with a screw on cap? I don't think so. Lovely pictures and it does look like a nice way to spend a day. Happy Buddha's Birthday. May you spend the weekend living up to his expectations. Feeding rabbits is a nice start. MUD

Eva Karrin McKinnon said...

Hehehe... No, not literally 100 year old wine. I think I posted about it before. The drink has so many health benefits that if you drink it, you're likely to live 100 years- or so goes the marketing scheme.

Oh me too.... he was beautiful, and so soft. I don't know if it's my age or what but I fall in love with every baby and little animal I see!

JIDON ISKANDAR said...

Hi Eva,
The bunny rabbit is so cute. I like the way you try to lure him with the leaf..:)

Regards,
Iskandar
Project AGLOCO

JIDON ISKANDAR said...

By the way Eva, would you like to exchange link with me Eva? I really like your posting. Feel free to drop me an email (jidon02 [at] yahoo.com) or leave a comment comment in my blog. Hope to hear from you soon my new friend.Happy blogging..:)