Tomorrow morning I'll be taking a bus to Montreal to say goodbye to friends and my boyfriend of three years. I've been toting a disposible camera so even my last days in Canada will be documented.
In Montreal, I'm meeting with a South Korean: my old roomie, Hwan, who wants to lend cultural advice and introduce me to an expatriate from Suwon, South Korea.
- to bow when meeting superiors
- to refrain from dying my hair a shocking color
- to scrap the French Canadian kiss on the cheek thing (people might get the wrong idea)
- to bring tampons if I don't want to buy them on the black market for 15 bucks
- to bring bedsheets because most Koreans don't sleep in a bed
- to accept the idea that I will have to give into cell phone mania; most koreans have at least 2 cell phones!
- to wait to buy a digital camera because Suwon is the "home" of Samsung